CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
I am a 23-year-old college student smiling through the journeys of life.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

This week of work was interesting. We worked about the same amount of hours every day, but saw varying results based on where we were. One day we only got 5 letters, and the next day we got 15. Let's just say the days when we receive a lot of letters are like those days on the mission when we were able to teach a lot of lessons- successful and short. Contrastingly those days that aren't as successful where you get door after door shut in your face drag on.



Rachel and I have agreed to take turns paying for lunch and to pick a restaurant once a week to try out. So far we have eaten Indian, Italian twice and Chinese. This friday, we ate Greek food. I ordered lamb. It was cooked on a kabob served with rice, pita, and a salad. It was delicious! I have decided that I enjoy eating lamb. I had it for the first time this past semester in a stuffed pepper and then ordered it at the Indian restaurant and then the Greek restaurant.




Today was a big day, full of blessings.

First I was able to volunteer my time to babysit for a local couple to go to the LA temple. I babysat 5 kids(pictured above) for nearly 5 hours. I was somewhat nervous before because it has been so long since I babysat and never 5 kids, but I loved it! The kids were so well behaved, I was impressed. We played doctor, colored pictures, built a fort, made paper airplanes and ate ramen and quesadillas. I can see how children are tiring but rewarding.

Second I was able to go to a regional fireside where Elder Neal A. Anderson spoke. As he came in, I felt the spirit enter the room. He actually walked 3 rows in front of me, which was exciting. During his talk, he related a couple touching stories where single adults persevered through hard things and made the best out of life that they could. His message was that Heavenly Father loves us all equally and immensely and knows what is best for us. We need to remember that we are loved and to trust him. It was inspiring to hear of others who persevered despite amazingly hard things. To top the night off, we were able to go to the front and shake his hand! It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment